Wednesday, June 01, 2022

Walking with Selene

 

I once thought maybe you loved me

But I now know that to be untrue.

I walk among the moonbeams,

Confiding to Selene

My best kept secrets.

I reflect on that gossamer thread

You use to stay connected to me

Thin and delicate,

Easy to sever and dissolve.

Your canards may be spoken

To soothe your sense of remembrance,

Reassure your conscience

That you are still available

When the genuine veracity

Is that my presence has long been forsaken

For other pathways and diversions

I recall your avatar fondly

But realize that the night is no place

For the day’s eyes to persist

Those hide amongst Selene’s radiance

As you have secreted yourself from my realm

Any argument that the brief incursions you deign to bestow

Demonstrate a willingness to resume what had been

Are purely mythological, at best.

It is in action we discern the veracity of intention,

Or by lack of action, an aim is revealed.

© Ivar G. Anderson June 1, 2022

No comments: