Sunday, June 16, 2013

Uninvited Indifference



Uninvited Indifference
So
Who invited you
          to steal my soul?
'twern't I,
          That much I know.
Yet
The deed is done.
I sense a void
          burning with a cold fire
Consumption,
an awful sensation
The actual theft was sharp & clean,
I'll grant…
Deviously enacted,
a clean/sterile operation. 
Emotionlessly performed.
The altar still spotless,
despite the brutal butchering.
It is not the absolute evil
          of your act
Rather your indifference that hurts worst.
You carry on as though
you are unaware of how
exactly
you've damaged me.
It matters not;
I know that despite
your efforts to harm me
I will still
adore
you.
Indifference
cuts to the bone,
dispenses the worst pain.
Still,
I adore you.
That is my curse.
You owe me an apology
that I will never receive.

Ivar G. Anderson
March 28, 2013

No comments: